Social Media Marketing
Social media is a staple of modern life. It is so enmeshed in the way that we communicate that companies have little choice but to engage social media as part of their marketing strategy. Before implementing any social media strategies, you should take the time to understand the benefits as well as the risks of using different social media platforms to reach current and potential customers.
Facebook is one of the most popular and widely used social media accounts that encompasses users of all ages. Many famous brands have Facebook pages with thousands of followers. The platform may seem like the best place to start a social media campaign, but preparation and maintenance are essential for success. Failure to manage a Facebook account can result in severe consequences.
Pros / Cons
Facebook marketing does not guarantee success. You must be prepared to address the pros and cons of Facebook before moving forward.
The Pros of Facebook:
- The large number of users allow you to reach a broad audience
- Share promotions
- Dialogue with customer base
- Tools to track and monitor customer interactions
- Tools to market such as Facebook Ads
The Cons of Facebook:
- Negative feedback is public
- Limited ability to give away products
- An initial audience is necessary to grow (People do not just find you)
- Constant updating and monitoring is costly and time-consuming
These are the general pros and cons of Facebook, and they are subject to change as Facebook policies do.
Ways to Develop Interactions:
- Call to action – Ask customers to like promotions, etc.
- Votes – Have customers vote on potential new products, etc.
- Questions – Ask customers for feedback.
With this course, you will discover the specifics of how to effectively use social media marketing and its pros and cons.
- Understand different social media platforms
- Identify audience
- Monitor and measure performance
- Consider pros and cons before making decisions