Job Search Skills
Searching for a job can be intimidating. How do you know what job you’re best suited for? How do you build a winning resume and cover letter? Where can you find job leads? How do you network without feeling nervous? What happens when you land an interview? And most importantly, where do you find help when you need it?
Ready, Set, Go!
The success of one’s career depends greatly on the ability to recognize the job-related values that are important to the individual as well as the hiring company. Identifying the purpose for working and the assessment of skills can help determine the types of jobs to apply for.
The creation of clearly defined SMART goals can give potential employees a concrete plan for the direction in which they would like to steer their career. A robust resource system and 30-Day Plan can keep the job seeker on track with finding and obtaining the right job.
Identifying Your Values and Purpose
In order to be able to sell yourself well and present your skill set and experience as an attractive option to potential employers, you must first identify your own values and your purpose for working.
The Job Search Skills Course will give you the answers to all these questions, plus a plan to get you to a new job within a month. After completing this program, you’ll be more than ready to start your search for your perfect job. Identifying the purpose for working and the assessment of skills can help determine the types of jobs you should apply for.
- Define your objectives and purpose in your search for employment.
- Help you establish SMART goals in the job-hunting process.
- Assist you in developing a first month plan of action for your job search.
- Craft an effective resume.
- Form an attractive cover letter.
- Develop and present a portfolio of your prior work.
- Learn networking skills in finding leads for jobs.
- Efficiently get interviews and thrive in the interview process.