Diversity and Inclusion
Experiencing diversity is a part of living in a civilized society. Difference does not equal a right way and a wrong way, it is variety that can lead to a common goal. Understanding the various forms of diversity makes for a better company and world in general.
Before you can know whether or not you are able to manage diversity, you must know what it is, its benefits, and implement and follow a policy that does not allow for discrimination.
What is Diversity?
Diversity is the inclusion of a wide variety of people of different races or cultures in a group or organization. It is vital that every employer and employee has an understanding of the concepts diversity. This course will discuss many diversity topics, such as how it relates to race, age, employees with disabilities, pregnant and lactating employees, and sexual orientation.
This course will help you understand what diversity is all about, and how you can help create a more diverse world at work and at home. You will be instructed to use skills such as active listening to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate with strength.
- Explain the definition, terms, and history of diversity
- Describe the meaning of stereotypes and biases, how they develop, and the reasons for your own perspectives
- List strategies for removing barriers to encouraging diversity for yourself, in the workplace, and in the social community
- Use active listening skills to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate with strength
- Identify ways to encourage diversity in the workplace, and prevent and discourage discrimination
- Understand and respond to personal complaints, and develop a support system to manage the resolution process
- List the steps a manager should take to record a complaint, analyze the situation, and take appropriate resolution action