Your employees are a vital part of the success of your business. Finding the best employees for each position requires strong recruitment strategies. Top talent will not always find you. You must seek out people to fill the positions that you have open. Recruiting the most qualified candidates will ensure that your employees keep your company running smoothly.
Many companies simply wait for talent to come to them. Simply advertising an open position and hoping that you find the right talent does not guarantee that you will find the best people for the jobs in your organization. Actively seeking out qualified candidates is the best way to ensure that you find the talent that you need. Recruitment is essential to the success of your business.
What is Recruitment?
Recruitment is a process that involves actively seeking, finding, and attracting new employees. There are two sources for recruitment: internal candidates and external candidates. It should occur on a continuous basis as to fill any gaps that may occur unexpectedly. There are three needs that recruitment can help companies meet.
- Unexpected vacancies: Death, illness, accidents, and family emergencies can leave unexpected vacancies. Constant recruiting will help find qualified candidates quickly and prevent companies from hiring out of necessity.
- Anticipated vacancies: Changes due to trends and internal promotions allow employers to anticipate what positions will soon become available.
- Deliberate changes: Restructuring and organizational changes will alter jobs and company needs. Consistent recruitment allows companies to fill their needs quickly and easily.
Hiring a new employee is one of the largest investments you can make in business. That is why hiring the correct employee is so important. Hiring the right employee is more important than ever, as training can be very expensive. Employee turnover costs companies a lot of money each year. This course will provide the Employee Recruitment guidelines that your hiring department needs to help them interview and recruit the right employee for you.
- Defining recruitment.
- Understanding the selection process.
- Recognizing the GROW model and how to set goals.
- Preparing for the interview and question process.
- Identifying and avoiding bias when making offers.
- Discovering ways to retain talent and measure growth.