Writing is a key method of communication for most people, and it’s one that many people struggle with. Theses skills have degraded with more and more people communicating through email and text messaging. Developing these skills is still important is the business world as creating proper documents (such as proposals, reports, and agendas), giving you that extra edge in the workplace.
This course will give you a refresher on basic concepts (such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation), and an overview of the most common documents. This course will provide an overview of the most common business documents such as proposals, reports, and agendas. All of this will provide that extra edge in the workplace.
Working with Words
The building blocks of any writing, whether for business or social purposes, are words. Failure to use words properly can affect the over-all impact of your prose. In this module we will discuss the spelling of words, grammar issues in writing, and how to prevent both by creating a cheat sheet.
The use of correctly spelled words is important because you are presenting a professional document. A misspelled word can reflect negatively on your image. It may also result in confusion in meaning.
- Gain better awareness of common spelling and grammar issues in your writing.
- Review basic concepts in sentence and paragraph construction.
- Know the basic structure of agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Know tips and techniques to use when deciding the most appropriate format to use for agendas, email messages, business letters, proposals, and reports.
- Know tips and techniques in writing agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Gain an overview of Request for Proposals, Projections, Executive Summaries, and Business Cases.
- Define proofreading and understand techniques in improving proofreading skills.
- Define peer review and list ways peer review can help improve your writing skills.
- List guidelines in printing and publishing.