Emotional Intelligence at Work
What does the phrase “emotional intelligence in the workplace” encompass? There are five main areas of focus that are included in most studies:
- Self-awareness – of emotions and self-worth, and confidence in one’s abilities.
- Self-regulation – of emotions, standards of honesty, and adaptability.
- Motivation – drive to achieve goals, commitment, and initiative.
- Empathy – high sense of diversity, compassion, and is driven to assist others.
- Social Skills – skills in conflict management, communication, and leadership.
- Define and practice the areas of emotional intelligence in the workplace.
- Identify and control your emotions.
- Successfully communicate and maintain relationships with others.
- Identify nonverbal communication and consider this information when engaging.
- Successfully execute conflict resolution and overcome other obstacles in the workplace.
- Exhibit empathy and reverence for others.
- Identify anxious and stressful emotions and better control these negative emotions.
Stress Management Workshop
Positive and negative stress is a constant influence on all of our lives. The trick is to maximize the positive stress and to minimize the negative stress. Your participants will be shown how stress can be positive and negative, and we’ll look at the Triple A approach that will form the basis of this workshop.
The Stress Management workshop will give participants a three-option method for addressing any stressful situation, as well as a toolbox of personal skills, including using routines, relaxation techniques, and a stress log system. They will also understand what lifestyle elements they can change to reduce stress.
- Identify the best approach to a stressful situation (Alter, Avoid, or Accept)
- Understand what lifestyle elements you can change to reduce stress
- Use routines to reduce stress
- Use environmental and physical relaxation techniques
- Better cope with major events
- Use a stress log to identify stressors and create a plan to reduce or eliminate them
Public Speaking Workshop
According to a 1973 survey by the Sunday Times of London, 41% of people list public speaking as their biggest fear. Forget small spaces, darkness, and spiders, standing up in front of a crowd and talking is far more terrifying for most people. Through this workshop, your participants will become more confident and relaxed in front of an audience which will translate into a successful speaking event.
However, mastering this fear and getting comfortable speaking in public can be a great ego booster, not to mention a huge benefit to your career. The Public Speaking workshop will give participants some basic public speaking skills, including in-depth information on developing an engaging program and delivering their presentation with power.
- Identify their audience
- Create a basic outline
- Organize their ideas
- Flesh out their presentation
- Find the right words
- Prepare all the details
- Overcome nervousness
- Deliver a polished, professional speech
- Handle questions and comments effectively
Personal Productivity Workshop
Most people find that they wish they had more time in a day. This workshop will show participants how to organize their lives and find those hidden moments. Participants will learn how to establish routines, set goals, create an efficient environment, and use time-honored planning and organizational tools to maximize their personal productivity.
Personal Productivity is a goal most of us have. Through this workshop, your participants will be on the right track in achieving that goal. Some people blame everything that goes wrong in their life on something or someone else, but through this workshop, your participants will take ownership and begin to lead a more productive life.
- Set and evaluate SMART goals
- Use routines to maximize their productivity
- Use scheduling tools to make the most of their time
- Stay on top of their to-do list
- Start new tasks and projects on the right foot
- Use basic project management techniques
- Organize their physical and virtual workspaces for maximum efficiency
- Take back time from e-mail and handheld devices
- Beat procrastination
Improving Mindfulness Workshop
Mindfulness is a term that is frequently used but rarely defined. Practicing true mindfulness encourages living in the present while it addresses the danger of distorted thinking, Staying in tune both mentally and emotionally improves perspective to enhance personal and professional success.
With our Improving Mindfulness workshop, your participants will begin to identify their own patterns of thinking. As they learn to practice mindfulness, they will cultivate positive emotions that will have a dramatic effect on the work environment.
- Define mindfulness
- Develop techniques to make oneself more attuned to the present moment
- Understand the value and utility of one’s emotions
- Learn how to identify and counter distorted thinking
- Learn how to cultivate genuine positive emotions
- Become more fully present in social interactions
This is all about setting attainable goals.
Anger Management Skills Workshop
Benjamin Franklin once said, ‘In this world, nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.’ We would add a third item to his list: anger. Controlling and limiting anger is important in every aspect of one’s life. Without control, you are putting limits on what you can accomplish in your personal and professional life.
Anger can be an incredibly damaging force, costing people their jobs, personal relationships, and even their lives when it gets out of hand. However, since everyone experiences anger, it is important to have constructive approaches to manage it effectively. The Anger Management workshop will help teach participants how to identify their anger triggers and what to do when they get angry.
- Understand anger dynamics in terms of the anger cycle and the fight and flight theory.
- Know common anger myths and their factual refutations.
- Know the helpful and unhelpful ways of dealing with anger.
- Understand the difference between objective and subjective language.
- Know tips in identifying the problem.
- Express a feeling or position using I-messages.
- Negotiation and solution-building.
- Reflect on one’s hot buttons and personal anger dynamics.
- Learn and practice de-escalation techniques.
Work-Life Balance Workshop
Having a balance between work and home life can be a challenge. With this challenge come great rewards when it is done successfully. By balancing a career with home life it will provide benefits in each environment. You will become healthier, mentally and physically, and you will be able to produce more career-wise.
With a Work-Life Balance you will be managing your time better. Better time management will benefit all aspects of life; you will be working less and producing more. This workshop will show how to focus on the important things, set accurate and achievable goals, and communicate better with your peers at work and your family at home.
- Explain the benefits of work-life balance.
- Recognize the signs of an unbalanced life.
- Identify employer resources for a balanced lifestyle.
- Improve time management and goal setting.
- Use the most effective work methods for you.
- Create a balance at work and at home.
- Manage stress.
Social Learning is an effective way to train your employees by modeling positive behaviors. It is a great way to promote cohesion and involvement as it builds a culture of learning. Your participants will learn the best way to conduct role plays, share best practices, and provide constant and immediate feedback.
With this course, your participants will be creating learning communities that benefit every aspect of your organization. They will learn new behaviors through observation and modeling and be instilled with a passion for learning.
- Define and use social learning.
- Identify social learning tools.
- Manipulate group dynamics and culture.
- Craft and lead role play scenarios.
- Practice being a role model.
- Understand modeling and observation.
Social Intelligence Workshop
Social Intelligence is about understanding your environment and having a positive influence. You will become more confident in their social situations by learning how to express and interrupt social cues. They will create positive connections and increase their influence during social situations.
Increasing Social Intelligence will provide benefits throughout their professional and personal lives. It is a fantastic tool for coaching and development as people will learn “people skills”. Improving social skills through active listening, understanding body language, and being more empathetic will give your participants the advantage in their interactions. Social interactions are a two-way street, know the rules of the road!
- Be aware of our own behaviors
- Learn to be empathetic with others
- Know tools for active listening
- Effectively communicate interpersonally
- Recognize various social cues
- Determine appropriate conversation topics
- Know various forms of body language