Developing good Organizational Skills is an investment that will provide benefits for years. To be successful means to be organized. These skills will filter through all aspects of your participant’s professional and personal lives. Throughout this workshop, your participants will be given the tools necessary in developing better Organizational Skills.
Through Organizational Skills your participants will encounter improved productivity, better management, and an overall increase in professional growth. Every day people waste numerous amounts of time looking for items. So stop looking for those important items, and start knowing where they are by getting organized.
- Examine current habits and routines that are not organized
- Learn to prioritize your time schedule and daily tasks
- Determine ways of storing information and supplies
- Learn to organize personal and work space
- Learn to resist procrastination
- Make plans to stay organized in the future
Meeting Management Workshop
This workshop is designed to give your participants the basic tools you need to initiate and manage their meetings. They will learn planning and leading techniques that will give then the confidence to run a meeting that will engage the attendees and leave a positive and lasting impression. Through this workshop your participants will learn the needed skills in planning and implementing a successful meeting.
The Meeting Management workshop will explore how to reduce waste and make meetings more efficient. This is a hands-on workshop and your participation will help make it a valuable experience. Use this time to begin the process of developing your skills along with other participants who share the same desire to improve their meeting management skills.
- Planning and Preparing
- Identifying the Participants
- How to choose the time and place
- How to create the agenda
- How to set up the meeting space
- How to incorporate your electronic options
- Meeting Roles and Responsibilities
- Use an agenda
- Chairing a Meeting
- How to deal with disruptions
- How to professionally deal with personality conflicts
- How to take minutes
How to make the most of your meeting using games, activities and prizes
Collaborative Business Writing Workshop
Writing and communication skills have degraded with more and more people communicating through email and instant messaging. Developing writing skills is still important in the business world as is creating proper documents (such as proposals, reports, and agendas) giving you that extra edge in the workplace.
The Collaborative Business Writing workshop will give your participants the knowledge and skills to collaborate with others and create that important document. Your participants will touch on the types of collaboration, and ways to improve them through certain tools and processes. These basic skills will provide your participants with that extra benefit in the business world that a lot of people are losing.
- Define collaborative business writing
- Know different types of collaborative writing
- Know how to collaborate with team members
- Learn methods of handling conflict in writing
- Build collaborative writing teams
Being an Executive or Personal Assistant is a unique position that requires a variety of skills. Whether you are updating schedules, making travel arrangements, minute taking, or creating important documents all must be done with a high degree of confidentiality. Confidentiality is one of the most important characteristics of every assistant.
Our Executive and Personal Assistants workshop will show your participants what it takes to be a successful assistant. Participants will learn what it takes to effectively manage a schedule, organize a meeting, and even how to be a successful gatekeeper. Being an Executive or Personal Assistant takes a special skill set and this workshop will provide your participants with the necessary tools.
- Adapt to the needs and styles of management
- Communicate through written, verbal, and nonverbal methods
- Improve time management skills
- Manage meetings effectively
- Act as a gatekeeper
- Use the tools of the trade effectively
[vc_snc embed_type=”lightbox” item_id=”99″ item_name=”Executive_and_PA_SCORM_Package” button=”text” width=”100%” height=”800px” slider_script=”nivo” nivo_transition=”fade” href=”https://humanskillsdevelopment.ca/wp-content/uploads/uncanny-snc/99/story.html”]
Writing is a key method of communication for most people, and it’s one that many people struggle with. Writing and communication skills have degraded with more and more people communicating through email and text messaging. Developing writing skills is still important is the business world as creating proper documents (such as proposals, reports, and agendas), giving you that extra edge in the workplace.
This workshop will give your participants a refresher on basic writing concepts (such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation), and an overview of the most common business documents. These basic skills will provide your participates with that extra benefit in the business world that a lot of people are losing.
- Gain better awareness of common spelling and grammar issues in business writing.
- Review basic concepts in sentence and paragraph construction.
- Know the basic structure of agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Know tips and techniques to use when deciding the most appropriate format to use for agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Know tips and techniques in writing agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Gain an overview of Request for Proposals, Projections, Executive Summaries, and Business Cases.
- Define proofreading and understand techniques in improving proofreading skills.
- Define peer review and list ways peer review can help improve business writing skills.
- List guidelines in printing and publishing business writing.
Administrative Support Skills Workshop
Administrative assistants are a key part of most office environments. They work quietly in the background, ensuring that the business runs smoothly and efficiently. This workshop will give new administrative assistants tools that will make them that person that the office can’t live without. Experienced administrative assistants will learn new tools that will make them more efficient and valuable than ever.
Social Media Marketing in the Workplace
Social media is a staple of modern life. It is so enmeshed in the way that we communicate that companies have little choice but to engage social media as part of their marketing strategy. Before implementing any social media strategies, you should take the time to understand the benefits as well as the risks of using different social media platforms to reach current and potential customers.
With our “Social Media and Marketing” workshop, your participants will discover the specifics of how to effectively use social media marketing and its pros and cons.
- Understand different social media platforms
- Identify the audience
- Monitor and measure performance
- Consider the pros and cons before making decisions
Basic Bookkeeping Skills Workshop
Numbers! Numbers! Numbers! Wherever you go, you are bound to see them. On addresses, license plates, phones, prices, and of course, money! Numbers connect us all to each other in many more ways than we might imagine. Essentially, our world revolves around numbers.
Some of us enjoy dealing with numbers while others may have a fear of them or even a phobia. For those of you who have already recognized and appreciate the impact that numbers actually have on just about everything, you deserve a cookie. Welcome to Basic Bookkeeping!
- Understand basic accounting terminology.
- Identify the differences between the cash and accrual accounting methods.
- Keep track of your business by becoming familiar with accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Use a journal and general ledger to document business financials.
- Utilize the balance sheet.
- Identify different types of financial statements.
- Uncover the reasons for and actually create a budget.
Be familiar with internal and external auditing.
Administrative Office Procedures
Administrative office procedures may not be glamorous, but they are essential to the success of any enterprise. A well run office reduces miscommunications and helps to eliminate common errors. By making the administrative office a priority, you will establish clear policies and procedures with employee understanding and buy-in, which ensures that your work environment runs smoothly.
With our Administrative Office Procedures workshop, your participants will understand how an Administrative Office Procedure binder demonstrates professionalism and efficiency in an organization or office setting. It is also a marvelous instrument for quick reference and utilization. Strategies and procedures are a vital connection between the company’s vision and its everyday operations.
- Organize a binder
- Develop procedures
- Prepare checklists
- Understand succession planning
- Collect the correct tools