Workplace Diversity Workshop
With the world becoming more mobile and diverse, diversity has taken on a new importance in the workplace. Your participants will be able to use strategies for removing barriers and stereotypes, and to encourage diversity in the workplace and even through their community.
The Workshop Diversity workshop will help participants understand what diversity is all about, and how they can help create a more diverse world at work and at home. They will be instructed to use skills such as active listening to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate with strength.
- Explain the definition, terms and history of diversity
- Describe the meaning of stereotypes and biases, how they develop, and the reasons for your own perspectives
- List strategies for removing barriers to encouraging diversity for yourself, in the workplace, and in the social community
- Use active listening skills to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate with strength
- Identify ways to encourage diversity in the workplace, and prevent and discourage discrimination
- Understand and respond to personal complaints, and develop a support system to manage the resolution process
List the steps a manager should take to record a complaint, analyze the situation, and take appropriate resolution action
This will open the Student Manual in your browser and you can then save it to your computer with the save button or save as button on the right-hand side of the ribbon of your open browser. It looks like a small floppy disc icon.